Where to Buy:
- Rear-facing from 5 to 40 pounds
- Forward-facing from 20 pounds and 1 year to 70 pounds and 49 inches tall
- 3 Position Recline – in both the forward-facing and rear-facing position
- Tangle-free 5-point safety harness
- 10 harness height adjustments
- 2 buckle positions
- Quick-Adjust harness allows you to easily adjust the harness height without having to re-thread the straps
- High density foam seat for comfort
- Seat cover and matching belly pad are both removable – Seat cover removes easily for cleaning without having to disassemble the seat
- Lower LATCH connectors for easy installation, and a quick uninstall push-button
- Built in lock-offs allow you to install car seat with the vehicles lap and shoulder belt – No annoying little locking clips necessary
- Anti-slip contoured base
- Harness holders that keep the harness out of the way when you’re loading your child.
- NEW: EZ-Buckle System – keeps the buckle from flipping back into the seat when you’re getting your child in and out. No more digging!
- NEW: HUGS Chest Pads with SafeCells – Designed to further minimize forward movement in the event of a crash. They are located on the harness itself.
- SafeCells in the base are designed to compress, and absorb crash forces, while also lowering the center of gravity.
- Integrated Steel bars that strengthen the seat/vehicle connection
- Energy-absorbing Versa-Tether anchors the top of the seat to the car – Also includes webbing designed to further minimize forward rotation.
- Rigid seat shell and deep side walls, help to protect your child from vehicle intrusion, and side-impact forces, containing your child’s head and body in seat.
- True Side Impact Protection – consists of an additional head rest with another layer of EPP foam
- Click & Safe technology (Available on Britax Pavilion G3 ONLY) helps you properly secure your child – takes the guesswork out by giving you an audible sound when you’ve reached the maximum snugness
Britax Boulevard 70 G3 Review:
The Britax Boulevard 70 has undergone a few face-lifts, and changed its name a few times, so if you’re confused, let me clear it up for you.
In the beginning there was the Britax Boulevard 70. Then they added the CS feature and decided to offer two, the original and the Britax Boulevard 70 CS.
Then the new G3 series came out, so the original Boulevard is now called the Britax Boulevard 70 G3, and instead of changing the CS model to the Boulevard 70 CS G3 model, they decided to rename it the Pavilion G3. WOW, that was a mouthful. So, it goes like this:
Boulevard 70 -> Boulevard 70 G3
Boulevard 70 CS -> Pavilion 70 G3
So, in other words, the Boulevard 70 G3 and the Pavilion G3 are identical, except that the Pavilion offers the Click and Safe feature (CS).
What We Liked:
Safety is the number one advantage to owning the Britax Boulevard 70 G3 or any other Britax Car Seat for that matter. It gives you peace of mind. Knowing that your child is as safe as possible is priceless!
The fact that the Britax Boulevard 70 G3 follows the NHTSA’s car seat safety recommendations should be no surprise. They advise you to keep your little one rear-facing for as long as possible, which you can do with the Boulevard. They also recommend that you keep your child harnessed for as long as possible, which can also be accomplished with the Boulevard.
The Quick-adjust harness is also pretty close to priceless! Not having to re-thread the entire harness every time is a huge time saver, and sanity saver. Same goes with the removable cover. They say it’s also easy, and you don’t have to pull the whole seat apart. BONUS!
The new Britax Boulevard G3 features are also pretty neat. The EZ-Buckle System is simply amazing! No need for digging, the buckle is always right where you need it. The HUGS chest pads are nice too, but they do take a bit of getting used to, especially if you’re used to the old system.
MOST LOVED Features
- Safety, Safety, Safety
- Easy Installation – LATCH and Seat Belt
- Rear-facing up to 40 pounds – follows NHTSA’s recommendations.
- True-Side Impact Protection – Adjustable head rest with an extra layer of EPP foam.
- No-Rethread Harness! The Britax Boulevard has a Quick-Adjust harness.
- You can remove the cover easily for washing without having to disassemble to whole seat
- Anti-slip base
- Harness Holders- keep the straps at bay while you’re trying to load and unload your child
- HUGS Chest Pads with SafeCell Technology
- EZ-Buckle System
What We Don’t Like:
The Britax Boulevard 70 G3 is wide, so yes, it takes up a lot of space in the back seat. It measures 18.5 inches wide, and 21 inches in diameter. So keep that in mind. It takes up the most space rear-facing, especially when you need the recommended 45 degree angle for infants. The best place for the Britax Boulevard 70 G3 is smack dab in the middle of the back seat. If you have a smaller to mid-sized car, you probably won’t be able to fit it behind the passenger or driver seat without having to move them forward a bit.
Your child may out-grow the seat height before the seat weight. This is not abnormal when it comes to convertible car seats. The important thing to understand is that the Britax Boulevard 70 G3 and the Pavilion G3 will allow you to keep you child rear-facing for as long as possible, and forward-facing and harnessed for as long as possible. By the time your child out-grows the seat, they will most likely be ready for a belt-positioning booster seat.
Harness straps too short – For whatever reason, some people had trouble with the harness straps, while others did not. I found these complaints on both the Britax Boulevard 70 G3 and the Pavilion G3 car seats. My guess is, there were a certain number of car seats manufactured with the shortened straps before Britax realized the problem. So instead of recalling all of the car seats with short straps, they’re just providing replacements for those that have issues, free of charge or course. I DO NOT believe that this is an issue anymore, but it’s just something to keep in mind.
Recall for HUGS Chest Pads – At one point Britax did recall some of the new HUGS chest pads, mainly because some kids were biting them and chunks were falling off. This also, should no longer be a problem if you choose to purchase directly from Amazon. It only affected the new Britax Boulevard 70 G3 and Pavilion 70 G3 models made from June 2012 to August 2012, and Amazon is only selling car seats manufactured after these dates.
The Britax Boulevard 70 G3 is my favorite choice. It’s an incredibly well made convertible car seat. It’s Safe, easy to install, convenient to use, and comfortable for the little one. What more could you ask for?
Where to Buy:
Still undecided? Check out the video demo below or read through some customer feedback on Amazon.
This video demonstrates how you use the new HUGS chest pads on the Britax Boulevard 70 G3 or Pavilion G3. You can also see the EZ-Buckle in action.
You can watch more video demo’s by Britax here on Youtube
Best Convertible Car Seats – If you’re looking for the best convertible car seats with the best features, best reviews, and the best prices, then look no further.
Best Car Seats – From the best infant car seats and the best convertible car seats, to the best booster seats.