When it comes to booster seats, Britax is ahead of the game. They offer the most safety features, the best quality, and peace of mind. Knowing that your little one is as safe as possible in their Britax Booster Seat, well that’s just priceless.
There are two different types of Britax Booster Seats. The Combination Harness-2-Booster, and the Belt-Positioning Booster Seat. Below I will provide a list of features for both Britax Booster Seat models. If you would like a more thorough explanation of these features, check out my article, Britax Car Seats – Safety Features Explained.
Combination Harness-2-Booster Seats
The Britax Combination Harness-2-Booster Seat comes in two models, the Britax Frontier 85, and the Britax Frontier 85 SICT. These two Britax Booster Seats are basically identical, aside from a couple of improvements. Both the Britax Frontier 85 and the Frontier 85 SICT can be used as a forward facing car seat with harness from 2 years and 25 pounds, up to 85 pounds. Both Britax Booster Seats then convert to belt-positioning boosters that will accommodate your child from 40 pounds to 120 pounds. Additional common features are listed below.
Britax Frontier 85 & 85 SICT – Common Features
- True Side Impact Protection – Includes the rigid shell with deep side walls lines with energy-absorbing foam (EPS), as well as an additional head rest with an extra layer of EPS foam
- Tangle-Free 5-point Harness – 10 harness height positions and three buckle positions
- Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether – Anchors the top of the seat to an anchor link in the vehicle
- Harness Ultra Guard System (HUGS) – Pads found on the harness provide resistance to forward movement.
- Energy-Absorbing Base – Absorbs impact forces during a crash
- Armrests – A place to rest tired arms
- High Density Foam – Extra layer of padding on the seat gives your little one added comfort
- Quick-Adjust, No-Rethread Harness – You do NOT have to disassemble the seat to reposition the harness
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors
- Color-Coded Vehicle Belt Guides
- Plush, Premium Seat Cover – Durable and washable
- Integrated Cup Holders – Built in on each side
- Certified for Aircraft Travel – in harness mode only
Britax Frontier 85 SICT – Additional Features
- Side Impact Cushion Technology (SICT) – Energy-absorbing cushions found on the outside of the seat. They reduce side impact crash energy by 45%, and also provide extra protection for adjacent passengers
- Easy-Remove Cover – The seat cover can be removed easily without disassembling the seat or even uninstalling it from your vehicle.
Belt-Positioning Britax Booster Seats
The belt-positioning booster seat comes in two models, the Britax Parkway SG, and the Britax Parkway SGL. These two Britax Booster Seats can be used from 40 pounds up to 120 pounds. Both Britax Parkway Boosters also convert to backless booster seats. Below is a list of features that you can find on both.
Britax Parkway SG & SGL
- Energy-Absorbing Foam Liner
- True Side Impact Protection – Includes regular side impact protection as well as the additional head rest with an extra layer of energy absorbing foam.
- SecureGuard – Prevents child from sliding under the lap belt portion (submarining) during impact.
- High Density Foam – Found in the seat, provides an extra layer of foam for comfort
- Armrests – Gives your little one additional support
- Retractable Cup Holders
- Color-Coded Vehicle Belt Guides
- Durable and Washable Seat Cover
Britax Parkway SGL Additional Features
- ISOFLEX Flexible Lower LATCH Connectors – It’s uncommon to have LATCH installation on a booster seat, however, this Britax Booster Seat does. It’s the only difference between the SG and the SGL model. The LATCH connectors keep the booster seat firmly attached to the vehicle, even when it’s empty, therefore keeping it from becoming a flying projectile in the event of an accident.
Britax Frontier 85 Review & Video Demo – 486 out of 531 reviewers rated the Britax Frontier 85 4 to 5 stars. That’s 92% pure customer satisfaction! The only complaints I found were..
Britax Parkway Review & Video Demo – 208 out of 243 reviewers rated the Britax Parkway Booster Seat 4 to 5 stars. In other words, 86% were extremely pleased. The only complaints….